Consultancy for New Zealand in Kathmandu
Just like any other students willing to study abroad, you may also considering New Zealand for your higher studies. Every year, hundreds of Nepali students apply for various colleges and universities in New Zealand. Apart from quality education system, positive feedback from the students in New Zealand has been one of the major reasons why studying in New Zealand has been one of the top choices of students today.
New Zealand universities, colleges and other New Zealand education institutions offer students a unique learning environment. The quality of a New Zealand university education is well recognized internationally. Most importantly, New Zealand offers education at an affordable cost, globally recognized degrees and post study work rights.
List of Universities and Colleges in New Zealand
There are eight universities in New Zealand, all of which feature in the QS World University Rankings® 2018.
Universities in New Zealand
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- Massey University
- Lincoln University
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Auckland University of Technology
All New Zealand universities offer a broad range of subjects in Arts, Commerce and Science. Each has developed its own specialist subjects such as Medicine, Engineering, Veterinary Science, Computer Studies, Agriculture and Environmental Studies, Sports-Science, Biotechnology, Architecture etc. Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees are offered by all New Zealand universities. A range of under graduate and postgraduate diplomas is also available, along with honors programs (usually requiring an additional year of study).
Best Courses to Study in New Zealand
- Masters of Business Administration
- Master of Professional Accounting
- PG diploma in Agricultural Science
- Master of Tourism
Scores of English language proficiency tests like TOEFL/IELTS/PTE is a major eligibility criteria for all the courses listed above.
Cost and Visa
University cost is another major factor to be considered while choosing a college or university in New Zealand. Cost for international students ranges from $22,000 – $32,000 for a bachelor’s degree and $26,000 – $ 37,000 for a post graduate course. The amount mentioned is in New Zealand Dollars. The cost will be higher in case of courses like medicine, engineering, etc. scholarships are also available for international students.
Obtaining New Zealand Visa
Obtaining a Student Visa is mandatory if you wish to study in New Zealand. This visa allows you to stay in New Zealand for four years and work 20 hours per week. A student visa will cost you 295 NZD + Rs. 690 (approximately).
Documents Required for New Zealand Student Visa
- Valid passport – Your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your period of stay in New Zealand
- Completed Student Visa Application Form
- Application fee payment receipt, as you are required to pay 295 NZD + Rs. 690 (approximately) before your interview
- An offer of a place – You need to have an offer of a place from a New Zealand institute/university. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received
- Letter from your current institution confirming status as a study abroad student
- Health insurance receipt
- You may be required to show Health and Character certificates, to prove that your intention of staying in New Zealand is genuine
- Two passport-sized photographs
Note: Additional documentation may be required. During the personal interview, additional documents may be requested by the interviewer. These may be documents to prove evidence of academic or financial status.
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended
- Scores from tests that your college required, such as TOEFL, GRE, or GMAT
- How you will pay for all educational, living and travel costs
For more information about visas, please visit the New Zealand Immigration website.
One of the major benefits of New Zealand visa is that, post your study in New Zealand, your visa gets extended for up to three years by default – allowing you to look for a job opportunity. This way, whatever investments you’ve made for your study in New Zealand can easily be retrieved.
Some important topics about New Zealand
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
Unemployment: 6% in early March 2010. This is one of the lowest in the developed world.
Literacy rate: 90%
Reason to Study in NewZealand
- Globally recognized quality education.
- Affordable Tuition and living, NZ$ rate is much lower then AU$ and other dollars
- Friendly environment and an English speaking country
- New Zealand being a growing economy, increasing job opportunities.
- Low unemployment ratio compared to most countries.
- Quick Application and visa processing
- 20 hours part time work allowed during studies and full time during holidays and help students to cover living cost
- Students on completion of most courses including 1 year Diploma course are eligible for 1 year job search visa. Students with full time job offers in relevant area of study may extend their visa by converting it to work permit / permanent Residency depending on their eligibility
- Student partners can accompany on work permit or on a visitor visa
SUMMER: Dec, Jan, Feb
AUTUMN: March, April, May
WINTER: June, August
SPRING: September, October, November
Application Deadlines: For Feb Intake deadline is 30th November/For July Intake deadline is 30th April
Futher Scope: Students finishing courses of level 5 or higher level are eligible for 1 year job search vissa when they can work full time job offer in relevant area of study. They can apply for PR or work permit depending on their eligibility.