- Two main island- North Island & South island
- Four seasons – summer, autumn, winter and spring
- Currency used is NZ dollar 1NZD = 50 NRS(approx)
- Low population inviting overseas students, skilled worker and migrants
New Zealand – Overview New Zealand is situated in the southern pacific island to the east of Australia, just 3 hours by flight from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. New Zealand is roughly the size of Japan or California, divided into two main islands, north island & south island having population of 4 million 14% of the total population are migrants from all over the world. Wellington is the capital city of new Zealand while Auckland is the commercial capital. Other major cities include Hamilton, Palmers ton North, New Plymouth, Napier, Christchurch & Dunedin. New Zealand is an English speaking country with no racial discrimination, renowned for its honesty, friendliness and openness. New Zealand is becoming the first choice for international students due to its quality of education and global recognition of its qualification. New Zealand universities and institutions provide international student a unique learning environment supported by integrated education system.
Some important topics about New Zealand
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
Unemployment: 6% in early March 2010. This is one of the lowest in the developed world.
Literacy rate: 90%
Reason to Study in NewZealand
- Globally recognized quality education.
- Affordable Tuition and living, NZ$ rate is much lower then AU$ and other dollars
- Friendly environment and an English speaking country
- New Zealand being a growing economy, increasing job opportunities.
- Low unemployment ratio compared to most countries.
- Quick Application and visa processing
- 20 hours part time work allowed during studies and full time during holidays and help students to cover living cost
- Students on completion of most courses including 1 year Diploma course are eligible for 1 year job search visa. Students with full time job offers in relevant area of study may extend their visa by converting it to work permit / permanent Residency depending on their eligibility
- Student partners can accompany on work permit or on a visitor visa
SUMMER: Dec, Jan, Feb
AUTUMN: March, April, May
WINTER: June, August
SPRING: September, October, November
Application Deadlines: For Feb Intake deadline is 30th November/For July Intake deadline is 30th April
Futher Scope: Students finishing courses of level 5 or higher level are eligible for 1 year job search vissa when they can work full time job offer in relevant area of study. They can apply for PR or work permit depending on their eligibility.